Ever wondered how to get that authentic celebrity look? The answer is simple: use the authentic products! From shampoos to hair dyes, here are some of the products popular with the likes of everyone from Fearne Cotton to Taylor Swift, so you can achieve a superstar hairstyle…
With his endless list of celebrity clientele, its no wonder hairdressing aficionado Frederic Fekkai’s products are popular with the A-List. Amanda Seyfried swears by Fekkai’s Brilliant Glossing Shampoo for its shine enhancing properties, with the essential ingredient, olive oil, keeping her tresses glossy and healthy looking. Britains Got Talent’s very own Alesha Dixon is also a fan of the range, starting her styling routine with the Essential Shea Shampoo, which nourishes particularly dry hair, resulting in stronger, fortified hair which is also full of moisture.
Leighton Meester can’t get enough of Aveda’s range – and specifically requested their products while on set of Gossip Girl. She uses their Shampure Shampoo to cleanse and fortify her hair with its unique relaxing aroma; plus, with essential ingredients of rosemary and lavender, there are no harmful, artificial chemicals.
Lastly, the ever-changing hair of Emma Stone is kept clean and nourished with the help of hair care pioneers, Davines.
To tame her hair, she uses their Lovely Smoothing Shampoo, which prevents flyaways and unwanted frizz – so her hair remains slick and silky on the red carpet.
Reconstructors & Serums:
New Girl’s Zooey Deschanel swears by Pantene Pro-V to cope with the damage caused by heated styling products. Try their Overnight Repair Spray, a leave-in spray which reconstructs dry and damaged hair while you sleep. Alternatively, their Split Ends Serum is great for rescuing damaged tips and preventing breakage.
For a deep treatment, try Mark Hill’s Colour Blast ‘Hydration Bomb’ Intensive Treatment which has proved a big hit with Fearne Cotton, who claims the treatment leaves her hair feeling “like silk”.The product works brilliantly for those with coloured or chemically treated hair, such as Fearne’s lightened locks.
For poker-straight, glossy hair á la Jessie J, try S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer by Tigi, which she uses to maintain her signature look. As well as giving a gorgeous shimmer, this product controls frizz and flyaways for a super sleek, shiny finish.
However, if you’re looking to add some texture to your hair, try this Dry Texturizing Spray by Oribe – which is a go-to product for Rihanna, according to her stylist, when creating volume. Although a little on the expensive side, this spray works the same as a dry shampoo but uses a unique formula of polymers to hydrate and protect the hair.
If you’re working with a natural curl to your hair, like Taylor Swift, she uses Joico Curl Definer to work with the natural shape of her hair and create show-stopping curls. Dispensing in the form of a crème gel, the formula defines curls leaving them feeling flexible, not ‘crunchy’.
Finally, for A-List beach waves, the stunning Miranda Kerr uses Beach Hair Wave Spray from Victoria’s Secret – for which she models.
Their American site does ship internationally, however, there are less expensive alternatives if you search online.
As new ambassador for L’Oreal Professionnel, fashionista Alexa Chung is a fan of their INOA range, giving rich colour while remaining free from ammonia. To achieve the perfect shade her colourist, Jose Quijano, explored multiple shades; “I applied four different INOA shades to Alexa’s hair – two from the new UltraBlond collection and a cooler and warm blonde from the existing range.”
Elsewhere in the world of celebrity ambassadors, Little Mix sported colours from Schwarzkopf’s Live Color XXL range in their most recent video.
Reward the author hype it if you like it
- Image 1 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Bloomingdales, as seen here
- Image 2 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of malibubeautyjm, as seen here
- Image 3 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Rachel Goodwin, as seen here
- Image 4 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Barneys New York, as seen here
- Image 5 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Amazon, as seen here
- Image 6 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Amazon, as seen here
- Image 7 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Lady of the Lane, as seen here
- Image 8 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Mirror, as seen here
- Image 9 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of feelunique.com, as seen here
- Image 10 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of pretty beautiful, as seen here
- Image 11 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Canada Beauty Supply, as seen here
- Image 12 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Miranda Kerr, as seen here
- Image 13 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Victoria's Secret, as seen here
- Image 14 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Little mix news, as seen here
- Image 15 posted by Sophie Prescott courtesy of Daily Makeover, as seen here