Coloured hair is a nightmare to keep smooth and frizz free. Here are some tips on how to keep your coloured hair looking amazing.
Tips on looking after coloured hair:
- Make sure you condition your coloured hair correctly with a good conditioner like Dove Colour Care Protective Conditioning Milk, which can be used on dry or wet hair and is a leave in conditioner.
- Use an added moisture hair product shampoo like Kerastase Reflection Bain Miroir helps protect coloured hair from pollutants.
- Make sure you use products tailored to suit coloured hair, not just any old product.
- When conditioning pay attention to the tips of the hair also, as the tips are prone to the most damage and split ends.
- If your bleach blonde hair starts to go green after being in the swimming pool use head & shoulders colour care which strips the chemicals out of the hair, leaving the blonde colour looking fantastic.
- If you are looking to get bleach blonde hair dyed a darker colour and it’s in a bad condition, it may be a good idea to go to a professional hair salon. While you are there you can ask for a deep cleansing hair mask that will revitalise your dull, brittle coloured hair.
- Pick a chocolate brown colour to add to your hair, these are popular and stunning at the moment. Cameron Diaz below looked stunning with her brunette coloured hair.
- Make sure you don’t vigorously rub your hair whilst shampooing, as this might damage the scalp and make your hair more damaged.
- Work hair treatments into towel dried hair, as it can actively help the hair when it is damp.
- Coloured hair fades easily especially semi-permanent colours, fading a little after every shampoo. Hair treatments containing panthenol and apricot kernel oil prevent hair colour from fading.
- A hair product with UV protection will make sure the colour doesn’t fade, protecting it from harmful UV rays.
- When applying the conditioner lather it on and keep it on the hair for a few minutes before rinsing it off. This will ensure the whole head of hair has been layered with it and will prevent the hair getting extra frizz.
- Choose dip-dye hair colours, this is where a darker colour is dyed underneath and the tips of the hair are dyed a lighter colour to give a fabulous effect. The picture below shows Caroline Flack with a gorgeous dip-dye effect.